Friday, August 7, 2009

060809 & 070809 in NTU~

060809

Attended SPMS orientation. SPMS is my school, stands for School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. It was quite interesting but turned into boring coz I had very little sleep the previous night, plus talks are and can put you to sleep.. I did fell asleep with my hand supporting my head. Lol.
Got goodies which include a jacket (still din see how it looks like), a bottle, a pendrive (with info in it), collected matriculation card as well..
Met with another 6 fellow Malaysian MAEC (my course - Math & Econs), 5 guys, 1 girl.
Hmm, let's see if I remember their particulars.. The girl did A Levels in Sg and is 2 years older. One or 2 did STPM, 2 did A Levels, 1 did UEC.. I think only the UEC guy is the same age as me and friendly..
The others are okay too except for one who I din talk to.

At night, we had a combined camp with fellow FOA (another camp for Msians - mostly UEC chinese speaking students, mine is FOC - more English), so my group became Hera-tei..
"tei" means butterfly in Mandarin if I'm nt mistaken. It was a very big group, we played games together but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did on 050809.
Then, we also had one short combined group with our fellow school members. There, I met 2 MAEC girls. They told me there were 5 of them taking MAEC, summing all of us up to 12.
Quite many eh.. Haha..

After photo session and splitting with FOA, we had "speed dating". Freaking lame, man..
They blindfold us and made us talk for 2 minutes to each guy. I duno how many we talked to - maybe 7/8/9.. entahla.. I was so tired (mentally) and sleepy also actually..
And the paling lame thing is, I know 2 of them!
Sweat"""""""
One is my coursemate, LOL! We just sat beside each other today and when I answered I'm taking MAEC, he gasped in horror. Then, I knew we must be coursemates.. Lame right??
At the end of it, we were asked of our preference. We had to name 3 in order of our preference.. We used nickname, btw. Hais, simple tiong 3.. I cant remember the conversation I had with each of them, but I remembered one thing very well, I didn't choose the 2 fela who called me "banana"..

Although I am, and I admit it myself but somehow the way they put it left me feeling rather insulted. Lol, anyway, who cares..

070809

Today, got to sleep till 10am. Actually was supposed to get up to do my laundry tapi I snooze, as usual.. Lol..

We played a game whereby we had to search the places in the photo the seniors give us. For freshies, this is rather an uphill task, especially for me, coz I'm still clueless when it comes to moving around NTU..

Took my medical report, no prob ;) but I still do not know my blood type! I'm so sad!!

Then, we played a game where we need to get seniors' details but it doesn't come free. Have to do what they want us to do.
My god, one of the senior, Wencin, gila wan.. He's so into Math (he's taking Mathematical Sciences) till he made us compete one on one against him in a card game.
Four cards, we have to either add, subtract, multiply or divide to get a total of 24 points. His brain worked so freaking fast whereas we were so blank.
This was the only one we got forfeited, haha..

Then we had "Mass Dance" session whereby we learnt the dancing moves of a S Club 7's song. It was rather hard coz it was fast and the dancing isn't something I know though I loved it wen I see the Koreans dance.. Hehe..

Somehow today not so much "um" coz GL (group leader) not present. You'll know why later and I knew later in the night too.. My GL is a very crazy and fun person. Shit, I had to pause to think of his name.. Ahaha.. If he knows, he'd probably kill me coz he was so hurt that we didn't know his name.. Lol..
So without him, it had not been so "high" as what Bae Huey put.. I agree.. But in the dance, things got heated up slightly.

Then, we were pulled to another place. We were told that we were to meet our "SP" - secret partner from the night before.. =_=
We went in blindfolded with our group members first, then will meet with our "SP". I went in with a guy from my OG (orientation group, btw, apparently singaporeans lurve singkatan!).
When we removed the blindfold, guess what's the surprise awaiting us? Guess who were the ones holding our hands..??
GHOST!!
It was a lie, it was to be a haunted house thingi.. The ghost screamed and I was scared but I didn't make a sound. That's just me, I think. Even when I sit roller coaster, same thing - I can't shout.
Actually, the funny part is, when I removed my blindfold, I was busy taking out my specs to be worn, so initially, I didn't know what the heck was it.
Anyway, crossed over to another room and another, the guy from my OG seemed calm but kept swearing along the way.
Thus far, met 4 ghost and guess what?? That was it!
My partner chickened out! He says he has weak heart and wants to quit.. Erm.. I thought he was just saying but he really meant it.. So, ya, I can't force him right..
So, I missed it. I was rather sore about it coz I cant go back in, that will disrupt things for the seniors. I mean, I know I'd be terrified, etc but I wanna experience it too..
It's so saddening to hear my friends talking about it so excitedly although they were very much petrified.. Some to the extent of crying and shivering..
Anyway, forget that. At least, I can tidor lena;)

I accompanied Bae Huey for quite some time coz she was very scared. So, I comforted her and tried to make her feel better. Just stayed with her..
The rest were discussing of the sketch we were to perform on Sunday. I wasn't really in a mood, so I just stayed out and accompany Bae Huey.
Then, rehearsal began. They finally got the plots set. So, I joined them and so did Bae Huey.

Just in case any fellow NTU reads my blog, I shall not divulge further information on Hera's sketch.. ;p

Tomorrow going out around Sg, have to wakup at 6am. Reached hostel at 2am, did my laundry, isi byk air for 2moro and blogged while waiting for my hair to dry.. It's already 4am.. Nites..

No comments:

Post a Comment