Monday, July 27, 2009

5 more days..

Woke up with eyes bulging.. Whether did they anot, I dunno.. But I get the weird sensation around my eyes.. You know.. when you don't get enough sleep..
Thought I was running late for a 10am bfast with friends when I woke up at 9.45am.. Haha.. Alarm was not heard, as usual.. ;p
Turn out I was the early one, afraid to get down coz none of my friends were present and erm, I was afraid that I got the wrong shop.. Haha..
Anyway, saw YP and I got down. Haha, with uncles and granduncles around, we were slightly more conscious of our behavior and manners..
But failed at times too.. Hee.. How I'd miss that in Sg..
Hope I can meet crazy friends in NTU.. After all, I need to get some peers rite? Haha, ya, I'm admitting that I'm crazy. Wahaha..

Nice peaceful gathering.. Only 5 of us, such a miserable number of friends left in Tpg.. But that's not gonna deter us from enjoying.
Was introduced to "Puri" (okay, I dunno how do u spell it.. SL? Anyone??)
Haha, basically we're gonna reunite in PC Fair.. Lol, 3 will be helpers while TW and I will be customers.. Lol.. Or rather, pengacau.. Ehehe..
If only it was earlier or I'd be going to NTU later, then I can be one of the helpers too.. Earn some pocket money to Sg.. Gosh, the thought of conversion makes me shudder.. >.<
Even the money that I saved up from my four months of working will be "kei sui"..

Anyway, money should not be a problem. Opportunities don't come knocking often.. I should cherish it and make the most out of it..
Reached home and hit the laptop (ehehe..) for awhile before I headed to school..
So sorry, Xing Ying! I was not allowed to take your cert for you. Both Ms. Chuah and Pn. Lam said "No" almost the same time.. Haha..
It seems like it's a serious offence if I did so.. Haha.. Nola, just that we have to take it ourselves..

Talked very long to Pn. Lam, interrupting her essay writing process.. She's such a hardworking and always learning teacher..
Too bad can't talk much to Pn. Han.. She wasn't there at first and when she returned to staff room, I was engaged in a conversation with Pn. Lam.
When I went over to Pn. Han, she had not much time before she starts R&D with the Lower Sixes.. R&D?? Gosh.. Haha.. But seriously, pity them..

The cert is so broad, can't fit into my file! Ish.. But it looks nice.. Except that I would much prefered it to be in just English rather than in both languages..
It didn't dawn on me how valuable this cert is, academically and also the process of obtaining it..
Much have been learnt and the way my dad talks about it being connected to Cambridge (I didn't actually realise it..), I can feel his pride in me. *Sniff sniff.. (Haha..)

And just a few days ago, I realised that I'm going to University! Okay, I know all these while that I'm going to Uni but it wasn't a big deal for me..
It has been a common thing that students go to Uni after high school, so it doesn't appear to be anything special..
"It's just called University.. Same as school la.."
You know, that kind of thought..
But I just realised that in my parents' time, it was difficult, very difficult to get into Uni.. You have to damn good or filthy rich..
So, my parents never had the opportunity.. But they didn't keep that away from me..
In fact, they gave me all that they never had..
I can't believe I'm tearing up.. I'm getting so emo.. Shit!
So, ya, back to it.. They are proud and happy that I'm going to Uni, a phase in life they never got the chance to taste..
If only money can buy back time, I'd want to get them back their time so that they can experience what I'm about to in the next 4 yrs..

So, NTU, give me a blast, okay!

3 comments:

  1. Awww Erin.... *wipes tears from eyes* Frankly I dunoe the spelling as well. HAHAHAHA. Don't worry, your peers on FB will always be there. Watch out for my multiple WALLS! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. erin.. 4 yrs very fast la.. time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaya.. to be exact, onli 4months! ahaha..
    its just me to b extreme at times.. hais.. ahaha..

    ReplyDelete